As you may recall, SEE decided to forgo our separate support of the Alliance of Specialty Medicine (ASM) and instead, advocate for change through this organization by attending the ASM Fly-In as members of ASCRS. Several SEE members attended the Alliance of Specialty Medicine Fly-in July 17-19, 2017 in Washington, DC. Our members joined with other specialties to meet with their legislators and discuss key issues of concern for specialty physicians.
This year The Alliance of Specialty Medicine is asking Congress to:
- Repeal the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB)
- Work with CMS to Provide Regulatory Relief
- Address Workforce Shortages/Graduate Medical Education
- Address the Medical Liability System
- Promote Transparency of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force
Ophthalmologists are concerned about many of these issues as well as others. By attending the Fly-in, your voice can be heard about these and other matters. This is your chance to advocate for your profession and your patients.
Please consider attending next year’s fly-in through ASCRS and/or attend the ASCA (Ambulatory Surgery Center Association) fly-in addressing ASC issues.
We will keep you informed on when these fly-ins will take place and how to register.